Poke Palace
HI, this is the Admin and creator of this site saying welcome, if you are already a member log in, if a guest please register. Then please read the rules section and free pokemon section. The chat right now is at the bottom of the main forum page. Please take the time to look through the forum and decide if you want to join. If you dont want to get E-mails go to your profile and click on Preferences and turn off everything that has to do with e-mails, but the newsletter one i will send important news letters.

Thank You;
Poke Palace
Poke Palace
HI, this is the Admin and creator of this site saying welcome, if you are already a member log in, if a guest please register. Then please read the rules section and free pokemon section. The chat right now is at the bottom of the main forum page. Please take the time to look through the forum and decide if you want to join. If you dont want to get E-mails go to your profile and click on Preferences and turn off everything that has to do with e-mails, but the newsletter one i will send important news letters.

Thank You;
Poke Palace
Poke Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This free friendly community accepts everyone, we have gym leader challenges, elite four, and give absolutly free pokemon!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Books, yes I'm serious

Go down 
+2
Lorreats
Taxo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Taxo

Taxo

Books, yes I'm serious Empty
PostSubject: Books, yes I'm serious   Books, yes I'm serious Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Ok everybody here you can tell everybody what book you've read last what you tought of it, etc.
Give some extra information on what it is like.
Start posting.
Back to top Go down
Lorreats

Lorreats

PostSubject: Re: Books, yes I'm serious   Books, yes I'm serious Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:21 am

Last thing i read was the instructions for the pokewalker Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SophieZide

SophieZide

PostSubject: Re: Books, yes I'm serious   Books, yes I'm serious Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Last book I read was The Divine Comedy.
I found fascinating how the author managed to do his whole book out of rhymes, and they all make sense. It was a pretty romantic story, a man who goes across the 9 circles of hell to recover the soul of his beloved...Lovely. Although, I found it pretty hard to read because I prefered to read it in it's original language, which is Italian. How could I manage to read Italian? Well...in case some of you guys didn't know, I lived for 12 years in Spain. Spanish it's related to Italian and Portugese, if you know Spanish you have the chance to understand the other two. I won't say that it's perfect understanding, I had a lot of troubles with it. But in the end, I managed to finish it. I though it was a little...selfish of the author to name his characters like himself. The writer's name was Dante Aligheri, the name of the so called savior, the one who went into the circles of hell was Dante. His father's name is Alighero. Also what I liked a lot is that, throughout the history Dante gets to talk to some remarkable historical beings, one of my favorites was Atila the Hune. That's pretty much a basic intro to the history, but you'd have to read it yourself, I really recommend it guys. It's pretty violent too, so I guess you'd enjoy it too =D

C'รจ un segreto per viver felicemente con la persona amata: non sono destinati a cambiare.
Hay un secreto para vivir feliz con la persona amada: no pretender modificarla
There is a secret to live happy with the person you love: not try to change her/him.
Back to top Go down
Taxo

Taxo

PostSubject: Re: Books, yes I'm serious   Books, yes I'm serious Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Alright so the last book read was Lord of the Rings. I've read It in Dutch 'cause I'm not that good in foreign languages.
So I guess you all know what lord of the rings is about and the only thing I will say about it is: This is one hell of a nice book, but do not read it unless you read quite alot. The three books combined are over 1200 pages so it really is a long and btw complicated story.
Back to top Go down
rayman6195

rayman6195

PostSubject: re books   Books, yes I'm serious Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:44 pm

will i read batman and it was awesome
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Books, yes I'm serious   Books, yes I'm serious Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:24 am

i read marvel comics last comic i read was ultimate avengers #3 it was great!!!! mark miller is a awesome writer!! i also collect comics
Back to top Go down
Clo3Mel

Clo3Mel

PostSubject: Re: Books, yes I'm serious   Books, yes I'm serious Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:11 am

Taxo wrote:
Alright so the last book read was Lord of the Rings. I've read It in Dutch 'cause I'm not that good in foreign languages.
So I guess you all know what lord of the rings is about and the only thing I will say about it is: This is one hell of a nice book, but do not read it unless you read quite alot. The three books combined are over 1200 pages so it really is a long and btw complicated story.

Technically, it's six books. People just call them three books.
Back to top Go down
rayman6195

rayman6195

PostSubject: re yes books   Books, yes I'm serious Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:52 pm

i read the books wit the small words and the pictures and the people have u read those books
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books, yes I'm serious   Books, yes I'm serious Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books, yes I'm serious
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poke Palace :: Off Topic (Non-Pokemon) :: Non-Gaming-
Jump to: