Poke Palace
HI, this is the Admin and creator of this site saying welcome, if you are already a member log in, if a guest please register. Then please read the rules section and free pokemon section. The chat right now is at the bottom of the main forum page. Please take the time to look through the forum and decide if you want to join. If you dont want to get E-mails go to your profile and click on Preferences and turn off everything that has to do with e-mails, but the newsletter one i will send important news letters.

Thank You;
Poke Palace
Poke Palace
HI, this is the Admin and creator of this site saying welcome, if you are already a member log in, if a guest please register. Then please read the rules section and free pokemon section. The chat right now is at the bottom of the main forum page. Please take the time to look through the forum and decide if you want to join. If you dont want to get E-mails go to your profile and click on Preferences and turn off everything that has to do with e-mails, but the newsletter one i will send important news letters.

Thank You;
Poke Palace
Poke Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This free friendly community accepts everyone, we have gym leader challenges, elite four, and give absolutly free pokemon!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rules and stuff =D

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SophieZide

SophieZide

Rules and stuff =D Empty
PostSubject: Rules and stuff =D   Rules and stuff =D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:42 am

Hey everybody it's me, your friend Sophie =D
I just opened this topic because some were saying stuff about the Gym's rules and well, it's not something I'll just go to PokePalace and tell him so HE decides what to do, this forum it a community thus, a community has to choose or give their opinion about.
Now, this are the rules supposed to be followed:
Rules:Lv.100 Single Standard Battle, no ubers or hacks (pokesav pokemon are alowed as long as saved legitamitly), and there is no species claws for the leaders but there is for the challengers.
I accept all the rules but the Uber one. Why am I against? Well first of all, you are certain which type are you fighting against because all the Gyms have the obligation to say it.
I'm going to use a metaphor, then literally explain it in case some of you guys didn't get it -.-
You know there's a bully in your school, but he never messed with you...One day, someone let's you know he IS going to hit you later in the day...You worry yourself, and start thinking how to prepare yourself to either escape or fight...but freaks he's damn big and strong so your probabilities are a bad joke. Someone who already fought him, knows his weakness and tells it to you, his weakness is fairly getting kicked in the nuts (I know that should be the weakness of all you boys, isn't it? But it's just a metaphor). Later in the same day, you are about to fight him, he grabs your throat and he, as expected, leaves his nuts without any guard. I don't want a pacifist to say he wouldn't because even if it doesn't seems like, we're still talking about Pokemon, both seriously we both know that you'd kick him in the nuts to get rid of him. Congratulations you won, here's your suspension card.
Now, literally -.-
You know there's this Gym in the forum you can challenge, you've never fought him before, but one day you happen to get the feeling and necesity to fight him, you have to think how defeat him so you have to prepare yourself, but of course there's some missing data...When you check the Pokemons or the Type he'll use, you know his weakness now. When you fight him, c'mon, be honest. You'd kick him in the nuts, err...sorry use his weakness against him. I'll put another suggestion after this, about this issue but...I'll finish this one first. You are fighting Dragon, and just to get rid of the Leader, you'd fill your Pokemon with attacks that can beat him, Ice Punches, Ice Beams, Blizzards, and stuff. This is where the Ubers come in...With their great deffenses you can't abuse of the Super Effective typing, but obviously only 1 Uber is allowed.

Now, about the other thing I was about to mention a bit ago was that: The challengers CAN'T carry more than 3 Pokemons that are Super Effective against the leader's type. To keep everything on control, the challengers should send a PM to any Moder or the Admin, the one they have their trust in.
Then the Moder will have the obligation to KEEP THE MOUTH CLOSED. Just check the party, the Pokemons the Leader uses and say "Okay" NOTHING ELSE THAN "Okay" (It's just a way to say that they're only allowed to say if they can use or not the party or not) That's it people.

I want everyones opinion so feel free =D

Seriously, you better be polite with your answer I don't want anyone saying "That's bull-----" and stuff like that. You can freel free to give your opinion but, obviously there are different ways to say anything, so keep it in the "Polite" way.

Last edited by SophieZide on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derpadin

Derpadin

Rules and stuff =D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and stuff =D   Rules and stuff =D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:53 am

Sounds A-OK to me, i agree with pretty much everything said above. It makes sense that Gym Leaders are allowed to have an Uber, I mean u know what type ur fighting, that's a enormous advantage...they gotta have SOMETHING to even it out.
Here's a random idea: We make the Gym battles lvl 50, and the Elite 4 battles 100, since the Gym Leaders are weaker...or somethin. Idk, im just spittin out stuff as it comes to me lol, ignore if it sounds stupid.

But yea, I say put Sophie's rules on the board! lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Lorreats

Lorreats

Rules and stuff =D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and stuff =D   Rules and stuff =D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:09 am

Agree, with rules. And I like the "The challengers CAN'T carry more than 3 Pokemons that are Super Effective against the leader's type."-rule. We dont want to make things to easy eh Razz.

And Sophie, I think I love you, haha, just kidding, or arnt i Very Happy

Anyway, since Sophie was so brave to post a picture of herself I'm gonna do the same.
This is me dressed to give a presentation about my thesis.

Rules and stuff =D Idcg49 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SophieZide

SophieZide

Rules and stuff =D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and stuff =D   Rules and stuff =D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Hahaha, the picture thing was more of a warning...a threat. Like, could you seriosuly be unpolite with my cute eyes looking you while you post? It's my insurance policy =D
Anyway, I'm glad to see a little interest in my post, I intend to make things a lot more challenging against Gym Leaders =D
Also, I must specify that Elite Fours shouldn't use Ubers EVER because, we don't have an obligation type, and if you checked my Gym already you should know the arsenal of Pokemon to use I have on display, so if the Elite Fours had the chance to pick an Uber...that will be a real, real abuse.
Keep it going guys, and please pass the post.
Back to top Go down
PokePalace
Admin
PokePalace

Rules and stuff =D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and stuff =D   Rules and stuff =D Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:29 am

the 3 pokemon super effective rule ok sophie but no uber this why

normal gym-arceus
dark gym-darkrai
ect. are all powerful so im dry but i can not allow ubers its not in the standaard battle rules all else okdoky ok Smile
Back to top Go down
https://pokepalace.rpg-board.net
SophieZide

SophieZide

Rules and stuff =D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and stuff =D   Rules and stuff =D Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:37 am

I am aware of the powers that both, Darkrai and Arceus have. That's why I said Arceus should be forbidden, but the other Ubers should be seriously allowed though. As I explained in my example, like...everyone aganst the Dark gym for example, will load their Pokemons with Fighting type attacks, which will obviously take the Uber down after some hits. Darkrai isn't immortal, against a Choice Banded Infernape he's totally dead.
And I'm not saying that 6 Ubers were allowed on the teams, I said only 1 and that's it.
Back to top Go down
PokePalace
Admin
PokePalace

Rules and stuff =D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and stuff =D   Rules and stuff =D Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:39 am

ok i think we have a desicion here it is:
Challenger only allowed 3 super-effective pokemon
Gym Leader only aloowed one uber not darkrai or arceus
Elite Four NO UBERS
sound good guys
Back to top Go down
https://pokepalace.rpg-board.net
Taxo

Taxo

Rules and stuff =D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and stuff =D   Rules and stuff =D Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:47 pm

WHAT not darkrai?
C'mon plz.
Is there anyway I can keep him on my team?
Back to top Go down
SophieZide

SophieZide

Rules and stuff =D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and stuff =D   Rules and stuff =D Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:26 pm

I had an arguement with Pokepalace the other day in the chat. I got him to change his mind, Darkrai IS allowed, I made him see that players can defeat him if the use their brains a little more. He said that Darkrai can use Dark Void then start stalling with Nightmare and Dream Eater...But you get rid of that, if you have a Froslass using Hail and holding a Brightpowder that would make the accuracy of Dark Void less than crap, and you can counter-attack with a 100% accuracy Blizzard due to Hail. Or just hide a Chesto Berry or Lum Berry on your Poke and that's it. There are ways to fight at least 1 Uber.
Arceus I freaking agree he is banned, he is a really bad joke to play against, he's too powerful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules and stuff =D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules and stuff =D   Rules and stuff =D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules and stuff =D
Page 1 of 1